It’s no secret how much I love my American Gluten Free subscription box. My favorite part – every month I am sent a wonderful box filled with unique products from small businesses across the country. Most of these companies I have never heard of. Last month in the Island Getaway Foodie Box, I discovered a product that I had no idea even existed – Green Banana Flour.
So naturally, when life gives me banana flour I make – pancakes? Super tasty, grain free, and healthy! I’m so happy that American Gluten Free introduced me to this company. It’s definitely going on my future shopping list.
Green Banana Flour Pancakes
- ¼ cup Green Banana Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Butter to coat the pan
- Pancake toppings – I recommend grass-fed butter or maple syrup
- Place all pancake ingredients together in a small bowl. Use a spoon to stir the ingredients together until combined. Let set for five minutes.
- Place a large nonstick pan on the stove top and heat on medium-low heat until the pan is warm. If you hover your hand an inch above the pan, you should feel a little heat radiating from it. I like to add about ¼ tsp of butter to coat the pan – it depends on how your nonstick pan behaves.
- Pour a spoonful of batter into the pan, eventually creating three pancakes. Cook for about three minutes on each side, until lightly brown.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with grass fed butter, maple syrup, or your favorite pancake topping.
Yields three pancakes
Want to discover great products like this for yourself? Head over to www.AmericanGlutenFree.com and learn more about their fabulous subscription boxes! Truly my favorite gluten free box on the market.
Next month’s box is themed “Fall in Love with Gluten Free”. I’m guessing there will be great Valentine’s Day ideas inside! Today is the last day to order this box so hurry over! Bonus discount – get 50% off your first boy in a month-to-month plan by using code “FIRST50”.
Disclaimer: I was not asked nor paid to create this recipe. I received samples of the above product and am an affiliate of American Gluten Free – using my affiliate link costs you absolutely nothing but will provide me will a small kickback that helps me continue to run this site. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I personally love and use.