One of my students is from Brazil and gave me her recipe for delicious cheesy bread. I recently posted a picture of my latest batch on Instagram/twitter/facebook an was flooded with requests for the recipe. So here it is! Enjoy!
Brazilian Cheesy Bread
-250g tapioca starch
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place tapioca starch in a bowl.
3. Place milk, olive oil, and salt in a saucepan and heat until it just comes to a boil.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the tapioca starch/bowl and stir with a spoon until combined. Add the egg and stir until combined. Add the cheese and stir again until evenly incorporated. The dough will be sticky.
5. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray (or use a nonstick pan). Scoop the dough into the muffin pan (this will make 9 or 10 rolls).
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and let cool.