GFF Magazine is launching their Spring 2016 issue in a few weeks with a larger distribution than ever before, so they are celebrating with a giant giveaway (more info at the end of this post). I am super excited to help them spread the word about a fabulous company – Pamela’s Products.
Pamela’s Products has been known for their gluten free line of baking mixes, cookies, and bars since the late 1980’s. Back then, there was a very clear need for quality gluten free products. Those who were diagnosed with Celiac Disease ten years ago can tell you that there weren’t many great options at that time, but try twenty-eight years ago! Thank goodness Pamela’s launched onto the scene!
I have been a fan of Pamela’s baking mixes for a long time. Because they are generally easy to find in stores across the country, I have enjoyed both the cornbread/muffin mix and baking/pancake mix on multiple holiday trips. This meant we could make all of Kris’s family’s holiday recipes 100% gluten free so that everyone could enjoy them (and everyone did enjoy them – so yummy). Pamela’s totally saved the day.
Fun facts about Pamela’s Products:
- Gluten free – consistently tests at 5ppm or less
- High quality ingredients such as brown rice, millet, and sorghum
- No artificial additives or high fructose corn syrup
- Non-dairy, kosher, and casein-free options
- Pamela’s Products also goes above and beyond by providing extra content online –cooking videos, a list of baking/troubleshooting tips, an extensive allergen chart, and dozens of tasty recipes designed just for their mixes.
I recently tried Pamela’s Whenever Bars (yum, Oat Double Chocolate!), and found them quite tasty. Made with gluten free oats, chia seeds, and a touch of agave and coconut sugar, it is the perfect better-for-you alternative when you might be craving a cookie (as I often am). Also certified gluten free!
As I mentioned, Pamela’s baking mixes have come to the rescue on more than one out-of-town occasion. It was on one of those trips where I developed a gluten free ebelskiver recipe. Traditionally, ebelskivers are a winter holiday food, but I think that good things should be enjoyed all year round! So grab some fresh strawberries, and let’s get to work on a summery version of this classic breakfast dish.
Gluten Free Banana Ebelskivers with Strawberry Compote
- 1 cup Pamela’s Baking & Pancake mix
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk (can use cow/almond/soy/rice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 banana
- Extra coconut oil for pan
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- If the coconut oil is in a solid form, heat it slightly so that it is easy to combine/mix with the other ingredients. Combine flour, milk, oil, egg, and almond extract in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Dice the banana and set aside.
- Place a few extra tablespoons of coconut oil (make sure it is in liquid form) in a bowl. Dip a paper towel into the oil and spread on each depression of the ebelskiver pan, dipping the towel back into the oil as needed.
- Heat pan on medium/low heat. After a few minutes, splash water on it with your fingers. If the water sizzles, the pan is ready.
- Carefully wipe away the first layer of coconut oil from the pan with a clean paper towel.
- Dab a fresh layer of coconut oil onto the pan.
- Fill each depression halfway with batter. Add a few pieces of diced banana to the center of each. Add a very small bit of batter on top of the banana. The depressions should be about 3/4 of the way filled.
- After a few minutes use a wooden skewer in each hand to gently lift up one end of an ebelskiver. If it has browned, it is time to flip them. Maneuver the skewers so that you are able to flip each ebelskiver completely onto the opposite side.
- Once the second side has browned, remove one ebelskiver and tear it in half to see if it is cooked all the way through. If so, remove from pan.
- To make strawberry compote: place chopped strawberries and sugar in a pan. Heat on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have reduced down. Remove from heat and serve on top of ebelskivers.
Makes 14 ebelskivers
Time for the GIVEAWAY!
Between April 1 and May 15, enter to win $250 worth of products and swag from Schar Gluten Free or Pamela’s Products, plus a year of GFF Magazine! Enter the giveaway here:
Ready to subscribe to GFF Magazine? Get 20% off with the code “GFFTM”
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Regardless, all opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.