I love gluten free subscription boxes, and I am particularly excited about this brand new one – American Gluten Free.
Erika, American Gluten Free’s founder, searches the entire country for small gluten free businesses that have amazing food to offer. “Small business artisans have the most diverse, creative and passionate food on the planet. To us, there is no better source to get our products from.” The February box alone features food from Georgetown, Milwaukee, New Orleans (happy Mardi Gras!), Grand Rapids, Albuquerque, Chicago and Las Vegas.
I cannot say how much I LOVE this concept. I am a big believer in supporting small companies that care about both the people who purchase their products and doing gluten free the right way – by supporting them we can propel the market forward in a positive way. Purchasing this subscription box is a way to do just that and allows you to sample foods that you definitely will not find in your local health food store – I would have never known that any of these companies even existed!
Let’s take a look inside February’s box:
- A note welcoming me to the American Gluten Free experience and explaining the specific inspiration behind the February box – Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, warming up during the winter months – every item has a purpose.
- Luquire Family Foods – Long Grain Rice
- Urban Accents – Cajun Street Seasoning
- Aunt Sally’s Pralines – Original Creamy Praline
- Urbal Health Tea – Winter Wellness Tea (delicious tea, and it came with a little tea infuser man! I literally squealed in delight!)
- The GFB – The GFB “Bites” (yummy snacks!)
- Kiss Me Honey – Lip Balm (pucker up!)
- Cocopotamus Truffles (only the best name EVER – AND the chocolates were amazing!)
American Gluten Free goes the extra mile to select products that are allergen friendly as well as gluten free. Many of the items this month were also dairy free, soy free, sugar free, organic, non-gmo, Kospher, plant based, vegan and paraben/chemical free (as in the lip balm). All of this information is available on a handy card that comes with your box.
Overall, I was very pleased with the products, variety, and attention to other allergens. I highly recommend American Gluten Free for yourself or a loved one. Keep supporting small businesses that want to support you!
For more information and to purchase, visit www.AmericanGlutenFree.com
Use the coupon code “6MO25” for $25 off a 6 month subscription!
GIVEAWAY!! Three lucky readers will win America Gluten Free’s March box! Can’t wait to see what goodies are inside!
Enter via the rafflecopter link below. US residents only. Giveaway ends Monday February 29th at 11:59pm EST.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products, but I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.