Many of you know about my desire to always help the little guys. The small, local, dedicated companies that are truly trying to make a difference in the gluten free and allergen friendly community. I feel like I hit the jackpot with Natural Contents Kitchen.
The founders, Danielle Gaebel and Jennifer Bitetto, ate a conventional American diet for years but made a switch to clean eating in an effort to combat health issues and increase overall wellness. By doing so, they have transformed their family’s lives for the better, and in 2011 Natural Contents Kitchen was born. It’s a team effort, and even their children will occasionally help with production by washing strawberries and taste testing (which is, of course, the best job to have!).
Everything at Natural Contents Kitchen is made in small batches by hand with organic ingredients. They offer “farm fresh real food and healthy indulgences” and strive to make good food for everyone. What makes them unique:
- Gluten free
- Grain free options
- Paleo/vegan friendly
- Soy free
- Corn free
- Peanut free (many items do contain tree nuts and coconut)
- No white sugar, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, or refined sugars. Instead everything is sweetened with local maple, honey and organic unrefined coconut palm sugar
- No pesticides
- No growth hormones
- No antibiotics
- No refined flours
- No artificial colors
- No additives/preservatives
- No GMOs
- Gluten free facility. They are currently in the process of becoming certified gluten free, but for now they test their products using the ELISA Technologies EZ Gluten test which detects levels of gluten as low as 10ppm.
Also, with locally sourced ingredients, Natural Contents Kitchen takes great pride in regularly supporting the efforts of 12-20 different farms (all of which are listed on their website) – so you can feel good about supporting local farms, too!
I was thrilled to review several of their products:
- Queso Dip – Wow, don’t put this out at a party unless you want it to disappear in a matter of seconds. It is one of the tastiest dips that I have ever eaten. With a cashew base and loads of spice and flavors (tomatoes, cilantro, lime, cayenne, jalapenos, chili powder), this will surely be the hit of any party.
- Indian Red Bean Veggie Burgers – Natural Contents Kitchen can do no wrong. These veggie burgers are packed with flavor. Made from quinoa, kidney beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, with added ginger, turmeric and garlic, these burgers prove that meat free and gluten free do not mean taste free.
- Black Bean Brownie Bites – OMG am I allowed to eat these every day?! They taste amazing! They don’t taste like “healthy food” or food that is trying to imitate brownies. They are just really good brownies! And look at the main ingredients – black beans, organic eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond meal, fair trade cocoa, dark chocolate chips. I am sold. #nosharing
Other products include:
- Ginger Coconut Carrot Soup
- Roasted Red Kuri Coconut Curry Soup
- Smoky Black Bean Winter Squash Chili
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Caramelized Onion & Egg Farm Tart
- Cider Roasted Root Vegetables
- Leek & Cheddar Savory Muffins
- Southwest Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Blueberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins
- Lemony Squash Muffins
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Rustic Apple Farm Tart
- Strawberries & Crème w/ Coconut Pecan Date Crumble
As an extra bonus, Danielle and Jennifer have created a blog to share their favorite healthy living tips and delicious recipes. You’ll find dishes such as Garlic Sage Cremini Mushrooms, Savory Crunchy Crackers, Smoky Cashew Spread, and Maple Glazed Apple Cider Donuts.
For more information and to order visit www.naturalcontents.com
GIVEAWAY time! Natural Contents Kitchen is offering one lucky winner a prize pack consisting of Queso Dip, Indian Red Bean Veggie Burgers, and Black Bean Brownies – $45 value!
Enter via the rafflecopter link below. Note that this giveaway is open to residents of the following East Coast states: ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA,DE, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA,FL. Giveaway ends Friday February 12th at 11:59pm EST.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products, but I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.