It was a joyous day when I learned that the holiday issue of GFF Magazine was available. After reading their summer issue, I was looking forward to what was in store for the winter – beautiful recipes, helpful baking and traveling tips, behind the scenes looks at my favorite bakeries – and I was not disappointed.
In this season’s issue you’ll find:
- The story behind Kyra’s Bake Shop, a gluten free bakery founded by Kyra Bussanich (3 time winner of “Cupcake Wars”)
- A list of the best gluten free vanilla/white/yellow cake mixes
- A very helpful article by Shauna James Ahren (Gluten-Free Girl) about the properties of various gluten free flours and how to use them
- An article about a Manhattan grass-fed, whole-animal butcher shop (which I’m really looking forward to visiting)
- A conversation on why Food Network star Tyler Florence went gluten free
- Travel recommendations for New Orleans
- And a host of recipes that I cannot wait to try, including:
- King Crab Boil with Roasted Garlic Caper Butter and Green Goddess Dip
- Winter Carrot Soup with Carrot-Top Salsa Verde and Cotija Cheese
- Burrata Mashed Potatoes
- Hazelnut Torte with Salted Caramel Cream and Fig Citrus Syrup
- Smoky Turtle Bars
- Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Pie
Did I mention that a subscription to GFF Magazine would be a wonderful gift for a gluten free friend in your life? Be sure to add it to your holiday shopping list!
Use the code “GFFTM” for 20% off subscriptions and single issues.
Holiday Issue: http://gffmag.com/shop-gff/
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I personally use and love.