One of the trickiest parts about having Celiac Disease is realizing that you may have other food intolerances – dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, casein, legumes, nightshades – the list can go on and on. So what do you do when you have multiple food intolerances? What companies can you trust to handle all of your sensitivities?
Freedom Foods is a company that is blowing me away with their allergen friendly products and strict manufacturing/testing procedures. An Australia-based company that has been around for over 20 years, Freedom Foods has recently brought their delicious line of gluten-free cereals and oat bars to the US. With their focus on product safety and nutrition you will be hard pressed to find a better cereal company.
Free of gluten, peanuts, tree nuts (note some products contain coconut), dairy, egg, soy and sesame, Freedom Foods works out of an allergen-free site, and they rigorously test for gluten (at 3ppm!) and other allergens. Every batch is tested multiple times – at the mill, on the production line, and as finished goods in the warehouse. They believe that products which are “free from” allergens should be truly safe.
More fun facts:
- Freedom Foods proudly supports and partners with the Canadian Celiac Association and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
- “Our testing processes are at the lowest levels technically available. We also get external testing done on our products to continually validate our processes.”
- They work very closely with growers and suppliers to make sure that their ingredients stay pure
- They have their own mill on site to ensure great quality and no cross contamination
- They continually train and re-train their staff
- They focus on good nutrition – psyllium (for fiber), sorghum and buckwheat
- Sugar and salt is kept to a minimum
- Egg free
Did you have a favorite gluten-filled cereal that you had to give up? Freedom Foods will most likely have an excellent alternative. Flavors include:
- Fruity Rainbow Rocks (new and great for kids!)
- All Round Goodness (new!)
- TropicO’s (fruit-flavored rings)
- Rice Puffs
- Rice Flakes
- Maple Crunch
- Corn Flakes
- Ancient Grain Flakes
- Pro-teen Crunch
- Cocoa Crunch
Their recently launched line of oat bars include:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Apricot, Coconut and Chia
- Cranberries and Mixed Seeds
In my eyes, this is a trustworthy company that is truly trying to serve the community. This is why I am thrilled to be partnering with Freedom Foods on a giveaway! Two lucky winners will receive samples of their new oat bars and Fruity Rainbow Rocks cereal. Enter via the rafflecopter link below. Contest ends Friday November 13th at 11:59pm.
Visit www.freedomfoodsus.com for more information.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products, but I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.