My family loves bagels, but we are very picky. We only eat fresh New York bagels (so you can imagine that living in Colorado for fourteen years was a struggle). I was thrilled when I tried Canyon Bakehouse’s new gluten free everything bagels. I didn’t know that bagels that came from a grocery store could taste this good! They were soft with a very pleasant chewy texture and didn’t leave you feeling like you ate an entire loaf of bread. Absolutely delicious. I’m writing this blog post at 4pm, yet I’m considering having another bagel for dinner. It’s breakfast somewhere!
Canyon Bakehouse was founded by Christi Skow (diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2007), her husband, Josh, and their friend/master baker, Ed Miknevicius. Disappointed with the taste and texture of other commercial brand, the trio set out to create delicious gluten free bread with wholesome, clean ingredients – often ones that you might find in your own kitchen. “We want you to love bread again.” Canyon Bakehouse launched in 2009, and their products can now be found in more than 7,500 stores throughout the US. It is wonderful to see a thriving company that is so dedicated to the gluten free community.
And get this – they are from Colorado! If only I had known!
- Certified gluten free
- Dedicated gluten free bakery
- Ingredients and final products are tested for gluten. Results – below 5ppm
- 100% whole grains and made with all-natural ingredients you can recognize and pronounce
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Soy free
- Casein free
- Non GMO
I’m so happy to have had the opportunity to try several of their products, and I loved them all. I could seriously eat these breads all day. And they were soft – no need to toast! I did choose to warm the bread slightly to give it that fresh-from-the-oven feel, and I was so pleased. Canyon Bakehouse’s focus on taste and texture is definitely apparent and hard to beat!
- 7 Grain Bread – Yummy, versatile, and filled with healthy flours like brown rice, sorghum, millet, teff, quinoa, amaranth, and buckwheat.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread – Absolutely delicious. I’ll happily munch on this plain, but it goes really well with butter, jam or pumpkin seed butter.
- Mountain White Bread – Makes the best French toast! So soft and fluffy. I may have gone back for a second (or third) helping, I loved it so much.
- Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread – Soft, fragrant and full of flavor. I’m looking forward to making a sandwich tomorrow.
- Brownie Bites (new product!) – Some of the most delicious store-bought brownies I’ve ever had. Great option to bring with you to a party (unless you’re like me and you eat half the box before you are out the door #sorrynotsorry)
- Everything Bagels (new product!) – Perfect texture. Soft, chewy, flowing with flavor. I recommend warming these guys slightly and adding a little cream cheese. Delicious!
Canyon Bakehouse also makes deli rye style bread, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, and plain bagels.
For more information, store locator, coupons, recipes, (they even have information about Celiac Disease on their website!), and to order visit www.canyonglutenfree.com.
Don’t have Canyon Bakehouse at your grocery store? Canyon Bakehouse offers a handy form (found here) that you can print, fill out and give to your local store manager. Let’s get more wonderful, dedicated companies on the shelves!
Canyon Bakehouse and I are so happy to present – a GIVEAWAY! TWO lucky winners will receive a prize pack of Everything Bagels, Cinnamon Raisin Bread, 7-Grain Bread and Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia. Enter via the Rafflecopter link below. Contest ends Friday November 6th at 11:59pm.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products, but I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.