Last weekend, I brewed a cup of iced tea and curled up with a very special new friend – GFF Magazine. Gluten Free Forever Magazine was founded by Erika Lenkert and Maren Caruso. Based in San Francisco, these food lovers have strong backgrounds in food journalism/photography and have a passion for sharing the joy of beautiful food – food that is fresh, exciting, cooked exquisitely, and just happens to be gluten free.
Page after page, I was presented with absolutely stunning pictures of recipes that I am dying to try – Fried Chicken from San Francisco’s Firefly Restaurant, Summer Berry and Rose Water Parfaits, Charred Corn and Toasted Coconut Salad, Tomato and Mango Gazpacho, Slow-Roasted Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes and Green Beans, No-Bake Mascarpone Cheesecake Bars with Strawberry Compote, Pina Swizzle Cocktails – the list goes on and on.
Along with recipes, GFF offers dozens of articles and features. Some of my favorites from this year’s summer issue:
- An article about NYC’s very own Jennifer’s Way Bakery, founded by actress Jennifer Esposito
- A feature on San Francisco’s Firefly Restaurant and their famous gluten free fried chicken – I can’t wait to try this place on my next visit!
- An excellent article discussing the effects of chronic inflammation on the body and how food plays a role. Everyone should read this
- Ever heard of a gluten free food truck? Bowl’d Acai made its debut in 2014 and serves up tasty and energizing bowls of an ice cream-like treat that is loaded with antioxidants. Though they are San Francisco-based, GFF wants to share the love and offers recipes that you can whip up at home
- Gluten free food, drink, and hotel recommendations in Denver, Colorado
- A mixology lesson from San Francisco legend Jon Gasparini (get your swizzle sticks ready!)
- Product recommendations and the occasional online discount code
What I look for the most in any gluten free company is the heart, the sense of community. Anyone can publish a magazine with ads and pretty pictures, but GFF is a truly inspiring piece of art that strives to spread the joy of good food from one home to another. I cannot wait for their fall issue.
As a reader of Tasty Meditation, you have a special opportunity!
Use the code “GFFTM” at checkout to receive 20% off your subscription or previous issues. Visit: http://gffmag.com/shop-gff/ for individual issues and http://gffmag.com/subscriptions/ for subscriptions.
You can also connect with GFF on:
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products, but I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I, myself, use and love.