October is less than two months away. That means two things:
- My birthday!
- The Gluten Free Allergen Friendly Expo in Secaucus, New Jersey!
Resulting in the best birthday ever. Let me tell you why.
I went to the GFAF Expo last year, and it is one of the most spectacular gluten free events that you will ever go to. I snagged a last minute ticket because I had heard there would be vendors selling products and giving away free samples (and you know I am all about the free samples). However, I never expected the site upon walking into the expo hall – rows upon rows of gluten free booths – cupcakes, breads, ice cream, crackers, cookies, baking mixes, pastas, chocolates, dedicated bakeries from New Jersey to Long Island. All were excited to proudly share their specific allergen information and tasty samples of their products.
I was in heaven. Armed with a cupcake in one hand, chocolate bar in the other, and samples of chips and cookies stuffed into my purse I made my way through the expo.
Knowing that I could eat everything in the expo hall was surprising, joyous, and most of all empowering. I had found my people! When I asked about cross contamination at unfamiliar booths, everyone was reassuring – heck, the fact that everyone in the room even knew what cross contamination was blew my mind! I laughed with vendors as I returned to my favorite booths for a second (and maybe third) tasting and walked away from the event with a giant goodie bag, a very full stomach, and a list of products to buy when I got home.
Other great things about the expo:
- Free raffle drawings!
- Free seminars hosted by notable members of the gluten free community.
- Opportunities to buy products directly from vendors.
- The hall last year was divided into two color-coded sections. Both were gluten free, but one section was specifically nut free, as well.
- Secaucus is about 7 minutes away from the Port Authority Bus Station in Manhattan, and the bus lets you off right at the expo. Can’t get better than that.
This is why I am overjoyed to be one of this year’s official GFAF bloggers! I will be tweeting, instagraming, facebooking, and all the rest until my phone battery dies (and even then I’ll try shouting out tweet-length phrases in case you can hear me – I’ll be that excited).
Are you in the NYC or NJ area? Then good news – you have some amazing opportunities to get tickets!
- Use the following links to receive discounts on your admission ticket, AND you will also receive a FREE 1 year subscription to Delight Gluten Free Magazine. Woop!
- I am giving away 5 free tickets to the expo! (enter via the Rafflecopter link below. Update: giveaway ends at 11:59pm on Wednesday September 16th)
See you at the expo! I will be the one eating all of the cake.
More information at: http://gfafexpo.com/locations/secaucus-nj-2015/
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post. All opinions are my own.